Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tipping Point - Colorado Rock Climbing

Buena Vista Climbing
This trip seems to have been a sort of tipping point for me. I use the word tipping point because this is first time, since I started rock climbing several years ago, that I feel energized and motivated to really push my limits, in short, to not be afraid of being afraid.

Sitting here once again in front of my computer at home. I have a little time to reflect on the past week which was spent almost exclusively rock climbing in Boulder and Buena Vista Colorado. In the past couple of years I have to admit, I have been a little timid and unwilling to really go out on a limb and attempt to overcome obstacles when success wasn't a forgone conclusion. But this past week made me realize that that doubt, that fear, it's essential. The knowledge that the task at hand will require every bit of your focus and determination is a such a powerful vehicle for propelling yourself to greater heights. These challenges force you to give everything you have and hold nothing back, in situations like these I am often surprised just how far you can push yourself. I think I am addicted.
DSC_5104This is Ben. The reason I ended up in Leadville CO and met all the climbers you see below. Ben and I have all sorts of adventures planned for the winter so you can bet you will seeing a lot more of him.
DSC_5051This is Joel. I am officially jealous of his blue eyes.
DSC_5039DSC_5063This is Zack. Aka Greek GodDSC_5090-EditThis is Chris.DSC_5074 This is Steve.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous BigHorn Bret said...

You are so talented and insightful with your photography. How can we get copies/prints of your photos? As Ben's parents we would love to have the photos of him.

Bret & Bonnie Rhinesmith
bret@rhinesmith.net

April 19, 2010 at 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home