Thursday, March 25, 2010

Strangers - North West Coast Wrap Up

Stranger Faces
I am perpetually surprised by the variety of people I meet. In the image above are the faces of everyone from a graduate literature student to a heroin addict. The list goes on to include a travel writer, construction worker, farmer, cashier and Vancouver resident, who for the record is the only Canadian I met who said "eh?" and here I was hoping to be inundated!

All the people I met on this trip helped me in some way, sometimes that was as simple as directions or an engaging conversation, but without them my trip would not have been complete.
Stranger - Keira - Seattle
Keira - Seattle
This is Keira and without her I think Seattle would have left a bad taste in my mouth. Meeting Keira turned into a photowalk around Seattle in search of the best light. I don't think I have ever met another stranger on this project with whom I have had such spontaneous and engaging conversation with.
Stranger - John - Vancouver
John - Vancouver
I love this guy, very very funny man.

Now that I am back in KC now and compiling the images for The BIG Family Project, I am happy to say we are making some solid progress with the first out of town shoots being completed. The next stage will be taking place in San Fransisco in the second week of April. Updates soon!

Big thank you to Jeannie and Tim for hosting me in Portland!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home